• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

carrying a pistol under 21

It seems that there may be outlying provisions such as competition, recreation, or hunting, however here is what I was able to find in the OCGA.

GEORGIA CODE

*** Current Through the 2010 Regular Session ***
*** Annotations Current Through October 29, 2010 ***

TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 11. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
ARTICLE 4. DANGEROUS INSTRUMENTALITIES AND PRACTICES
PART 3. CARRYING AND POSSESSION OF FIREARMS
§ 16-11-132. Possession of handgun by person under the age of 18 years

(a) For the purposes of this Code section, a handgun is considered loaded if there is a cartridge in the chamber or cylinder of the handgun.

(b) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this part and except as otherwise provided in this Code section, it shall be unlawful for any person under the age of 18 years to possess or have under such person's control a handgun. A person convicted of a first violation of this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $1,000.00 or by imprisonment for not more than 12 months, or both. A person convicted of a second or subsequent violation of this subsection shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by a fine of $5,000.00 or by imprisonment for a period of three years, or both.

i think you can carry it in your car when your under 21. i got pulled over in alabama and cop told me i was going to jail but i talked to him reasoned with the guy told him about georgia packing he checked it out and he let me go =)
also got pulled over in gwinnett somwhere cop took me gun ran the numbers and gave it back.. it was unloaded and kept in the glove box. now i have my gfl so i dont have any issues.

not 100% on legalities but this is my own personal experiences.
good luck

Back
Top Bottom