• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Carrying/Purchasing: a Handgun in the State of Georgia Under the age of 21

CommonKnowledge100

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I have been reading through the O.C.G.A and I cannot find any legislation that says you may purchase a handgun over the age of 18, but under the age of 21.

If you are knowledgeable of the Official Code of Georgia concerning firearms legislation for this age group please share.

So far I have found
16-11-101.1 (see 16-11-132 for specifics)
Which only goes over the fact that a guardian may furnish a pistol to a minor, with the intent of them using it for select activities (range, hunting, fishing, hunters education ect.)

I would like to know the exact Title, Chapter and Article these code can be found in. I called my local Sheriffs department today (Bartow County) and they told me that I could not purchase a handgun unless I was 21. But as I've come to find, just because someones a LEO doesn't mean that they are an expert on every piece of legislation in the book.

Please and Thank you
-Common Knowledge100

Ok, so there's your answer. :) By "prohibiting" anyone under the age of 18, you are technically "permitting" anyone over the age of 18. Don't get so buried in the hunt that you don't see the trophy staring at you.

Like I said. Sometimes, law only "prohibits" rather than giving permission. We don't need written permission explaining everything we "can" do, right? Just make sure you follow the prohibitive regulations and you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom