• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case life of a SW 500 mag

500 mag brass isn’t dat expensive. The fact ur reloading is already saving a lot.

Btw, have u tried different primers? I think Tula is a bit tighter fit and have u already tried large riffle?

They say primers are uniform but that’s not always the case. No pun intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No sir...never used large rifle in pistol or anything, havent used tula either.

I had reservations about primer uniformity a wwhile back. A mic tells you they aren’t, lol. But neither are the holes.

I try to use Starline brass and CCI or Winchester primers when i can.
They seem to be the best uniform to me.

I dont shoot a lot of rifle so i dont load a lot of it. To me it is almost less hassle and time to buy 1k rounds of .223 rather than load them on a single stage. By the time you trim brass, swage primer pockets and all, it is time consuming. Then i dont cast .223 lead so you gotta buy projectiles, powder, primers. It just isnt worth it to me. I probably dont shoot 3-4k per year in that. Just keep tune with the ARs .

Now pistol rounds, i load on a progressive....and i load them for me & my daughter. So i cast 3-4 times a yr and load all the time it seems like! Lol.

I got some primers if u wanna try it. No charge. I have Tula later pistol magnums and some large riffle and large riffle magnums

I’ve used nothing but large riffle magnums in my 500sw reloads

Yeah, i can see where that could be prudent...that is a hot round. Are you loading full loads all the time?

I woudnt mind trying the Tula large pistol....i can pick up 100 at mr. humphreys or something. Thanks for the offer. It would probably bee more trouble for you to mail me 25 or something. I wouldnt want you to go to the lengths for it.

Lately my daughter has been burning up the 9mikemike ammo...keeping me busy ! Lol.
Im loading the .41 right now. I have been needing to cast. Havent casted in a year and im burning up my back stash.

I wanna say before i reloaded 500 sw, every forum I read said to use riffle magnums. I’ll have to dig it up.

I reload all different powders in the 500 sw. I mostly just shoot it at the range so doesn’t matter. I used to like it on the max but not as I get older

I got some primers if u wanna try it. No charge. I have Tula later pistol magnums and some large riffle and large riffle magnums

I’ve used nothing but large riffle magnums in my 500sw reloads

When I loaded 500 mags all I ever used was large rifle primers

Back
Top Bottom