• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case prep stations

giraud if you are mainly shooting one or two calibers (or doing a lot of prep on those main calibers).

I have the Frankford Arsenal prep station. Like z-chance, I swapped out the cutter for an RCBS carbide one, and swapped out some of the other tools for large and small crimp removers (again, RCBS, the threads are all industry standard), so I can prep 5.56 and 308 brass. I reload a lot of different calibers, so when I have enough brass of a specific caliber, I can make some simple adjustments and the prep that caliber. Everything from 218 bee to 348 winchester. It's very versatile and for the money works very well.

81m3F8zD%2BzL._SL1500_.jpg
This looks like it has a few to many parts to fiddle with for just 3 or 4 calibers. All I need is my prep station and 5 bits. Two of which stay in all the time. I just usually swap out the primer size bits and everything is good. It looks sturdy I can say that but for 70 dollars less mine does the job just fine.

This looks like it has a few to many parts to fiddle with for just 3 or 4 calibers. All I need is my prep station and 5 bits. Two of which stay in all the time. I just usually swap out the primer size bits and everything is good. It look sturdy I can say that but for 70 dollars less mine does the job just fine.
I agree. I reload 18 different calibers, about 2/3 are rifles and with some expensive brass it's just easier to reload some of them. being able to switch and adjust it quickly and easily (once you get the drift of how it adjusts) is pretty easy. I have a lyman manual trim to length tool setup, but this is just a lot easier and the torque makes it easy. I've prepped 1k 308LC and a thousand or two 5.56 LC, but got it mainly for the other calibers. If I were prepping a lot of 308 and 5.56 I"d get Giraud.

We use the Giraud, on more than 30 different calibers, and the cutter can be used on many of the same diameters, example, 30 cal, 284, 270, 6.5, 243, 22-250, these are just some of the calibers where the same cutter can be used for trimming the same diameter bullet...

just a simple suggestion to consider...

the lyman case prep express has great reviews. Im planning to get one soon... seems like it will save a ton of time in case prep.

I've been using the lyman zee trim with a drill adapter. It works great but they sell adapters on eBay to mount it to the case prep express system. Thats what I'm planning on doing anyway. That way you can trim, and deburr quickly.

Back
Top Bottom