• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case preperama due to insomnia but I need heavy pills.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I couldn't sleep last night so case prep was on the menu. I hand prepped and primed 287 pieces from about 3:30am to just about 9:15am. I just got done counting them. I have a Hornady prep center and a upgraded priming tool from just the hand squeeze crap that comes in with the press but still the fingers get a brutal workout. My fingers feel like someone tenderized them with one of those meat hammers. Not to mention my rotator cuff on my left side. Both shoulders and my lower back got a ample dose of Icy Hot and two Tylenol and one Ibuprofen. I had to take 15 minute breaks every so often but jez that took a long time. I hate doing it but there wasn't anything on TV so I went at it.

Now to find some decent projectiles. I am having a problem finding some real good heavy pills. Everybody seems to be out of .223 heavy stuff. Nobler, Sierra, Barnes you name it and be darned if I can find it. I am looking for good hunting/ SD loads. If anybody knows who has them in stock please let me know. All my go to spots are out and a internet search yields notta. So let me in on the spot if you have one. 69 to 77 gr. good brand pieces. K

I couldn't sleep last night so case prep was on the menu. I hand prepped and primed 287 pieces from about 3:30am to just about 9:15am. I just got done counting them. I have a Hornady prep center and a upgraded priming tool from just the hand squeeze crap that comes in with the press but still the fingers get a brutal workout. My fingers feel like someone tenderized them with one of those meat hammers. Not to mention my rotator cuff on my left side. Both shoulders and my lower back got a ample dose of Icy Hot and two Tylenol and one Ibuprofen. I had to take 15 minute breaks every so often but jez that took a long time. I hate doing it but there wasn't anything on TV so I went at it.

Now to find some decent projectiles. I am having a problem finding some real good heavy pills. Everybody seems to be out of .223 heavy stuff. Nobler, Sierra, Barnes you name it and be darned if I can find it. I am looking for good hunting/ SD loads. If anybody knows who has them in stock please let me know. All my go to spots are out and a internet search yields notta. So let me in on the spot if you have one. 69 to 77 gr. good brand pieces. K
They're kinda high in my opinion, but Everglades has some 75gr pills that folks are pretty happy with based on reviews. I've have very good accuracy results with RMR's own brand of 69gr hpbt pills, and the price is right. But they are not intended as hunting bullets.

They're kinda high in my opinion, but Everglades has some 75gr pills that folks are pretty happy with based on reviews. I've have very good accuracy results with RMR's own brand of 69gr hpbt pills, and the price is right. But they are not intended as hunting bullets.
Those 75gr. BTHP bullets are high. Heck I can buy 200 Rds. of reman. ammo 200 rounds for 110 shipped and they are 77gr. OTM loads as well. I might as well pay Caleb and buy his ammo and keep the brass I slaved over for some Nosler or Sierra goodness. I think I can still get some 65gr. Sierra Game King projectiles. I might pick of some of those for my reloads for now.

Now to find some decent projectiles. I am having a problem finding some real good heavy pills. Everybody seems to be out of .223 heavy stuff. Nobler, Sierra, Barnes you name it and be darned if I can find it. I am looking for good hunting/ SD loads. If anybody knows who has them in stock please let me know. All my go to spots are out and an internet search yields notta. So let me in on the spot if you have one. 69 to 77 gr. good brand pieces. K
Have u tried Rocky Mountain Reloader?

I will have a look. Thank you just another spot to note.
As I mentioned, RMR's house brand 69gr hpbt projectiles are very accurate for me and at $0.15 per, they're affordable. They also recently added a 75gr version to the lineup, but I haven't tried those yet.

As I mentioned, RMR's house brand 69gr hpbt projectiles are very accurate for me and at $0.15 per, they're affordable. They also recently added a 75gr version to the lineup, but I haven't tried those yet.
That is doable, I just woke from a nap. I havent been sleeping through the night but fall asleep from 10 to 2,all the time. I will give RMR a serious look. When you first suggested it RMR I had no clue what that stood for. LOL Now I know! I will give them a good look. It sounds exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very much. If it wasn't for your persistence I wouldn't have gotten the 411.

I do like what I read about the 69gr. 3GH design. Gonna give those a try. Again thanks buddy!

Back
Top Bottom