• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case trimmer recommendations

$90 then just add drill/motor. It does it all in one step, just resize the brass and stick it in the cutter tool. It cuts and chamfers with no other steps. All the brass chips contained no mess. You can try mine out if you want Paul. http://www.giraudtool.com/Tri Way Trimmer.htm

A thread on the same question you ask: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/case-trimmers.802284/#post-4115006

i60.tinypic.com_1hb7r5.jpg

Last edited:
YOTESHOOTER YOTESHOOTER - I do believe in but once cry once but I'm eager to load some rifle cartridges and $450 doesn't fit in the budget right now. I can't see myself loading 1-2k at a time for a while. I'll still supplement with a cases of plinking ammo when needed. That device does look bad ass though!

I trimmed a 1000 .308 cases with the $90 tri way trimmer. Seemed pretty quick and easy. Just need to dump the shavings in the trash but could do a few more hundred before needing to stop to clean it.

I sincerely despised trimming rifle brass in bulk, until getting the tri way trimmer.

You could buy a harbor freight cordless drill and trim cases on the couch while surfing ODT or eating Cheetos. Seriously, it's that simple.

YOTESHOOTER YOTESHOOTER - I do believe in but once cry once but I'm eager to load some rifle cartridges and $450 doesn't fit in the budget right now. I can't see myself loading 1-2k at a time for a while. I'll still supplement with a cases of plinking ammo when needed. That device does look bad ass though!

We certainly understand, in that case the little brother should meet your needs just fine. One word of caution try to clean the brass trimmings out as they can cause bearing failure if not cleaned after about 50 - 100 cases. All machinery needs just a little cleaning on a regular basis, so enjoy your new great trimming equipment, DOUG, makes great equipment.

I trimmed a 1000 .308 cases with the $90 tri way trimmer. Seemed pretty quick and easy. Just need to dump the shavings in the trash but could do a few more hundred before needing to stop to clean it.

I sincerely despised trimming rifle brass in bulk, until getting the tri way trimmer.

You could buy a harbor freight cordless drill and trim cases on the couch while surfing ODT or eating Cheetos. Seriously, it's that simple.

I've got a really light 12V Bosch that I have in mind.

I have a RCBS powered trimmer that works pretty good. Borrowing it long term from a buddy. I can't justify spending $500 on a Giraud. I can buy enough processed brass to last me 10 years for what that cost.

We certainly understand, in that case the little brother should meet your needs just fine. One word of caution try to clean the brass trimmings out as they can cause bearing failure if not cleaned after about 50 - 100 cases. All machinery needs just a little cleaning on a regular basis, so enjoy your new great trimming equipment, DOUG, makes great equipment.

Good to know. I enjoy maintaining my tools so I will be sure too

Back
Top Bottom