• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case Trimmer suggestions

Quick_1911

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
45   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, getting pretty proficient with reloading pistol calibers and just now getting into reloading rifle (.223 & .308) and need some suggestions on a good case trimmer that won't break the bank. All advice is appreciated!
Thanks fellas

An inexpensive and easy way to trim is with Lee Zip Trim and their handheld trimmer. It trims the case to a set length and is not adjustable but it is very affordable. You could get set up for both calibers for less than $35. Do a search on youtube to see how it works.

best way not to break the bank is look for one on here lol. I have a Frester that is about 30+ years old and still works great. One day I am hoping for a power case trimmer. If I get you will see my old listed here.

I use the Lee hand held trimmers, and they work great. They are a little slow but like Fuelman said, you can get the zip trim attachment. They also have a stud you can chuck up in a drill.

One piece of advice if you decide to use the Lee, get the cutter with the grip ball on it. You'll know what I mean when you see it.

I use the lee also... chucks up to the drill. about $7 plus $4 for each caliber specific shellholder/length-guide. Have checked all batches with digital calipers and have great consistancy thus far. makes quick work of doing a large batch

Back
Top Bottom