• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case trimmer....the hand crank ones. Feedback?

Anyone use this one before? Some reviews claim 6.5 compatible. Seems to be descent for the money. Although not an all in 1 process, it does have motorized chamfer/deburring cutters, and primer pocket cleaners.

Watched several videos and looks pretty straight forward. Could be a tad messy, but could possibly put tray under it.

The more I think about the original 3, I just think it would be a waste.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS7JEB4?tag=reloaderaddict-20

upload_2017-3-29_20-32-29.png

Anyone use this one before? Some reviews claim 6.5 compatible. Seems to be descent for the money. Although not an all in 1 process, it does have motorized chamfer/deburring cutters, and primer pocket cleaners.

Watched several videos and looks pretty straight forward. Could be a tad messy, but could possibly put tray under it.

The more I think about the original 3, I just think it would be a waste.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HS7JEB4?tag=reloaderaddict-20

View attachment 1117514

love this thing it works great it also catches the shavings so its actually pretty clean. It way faster than the other. A buddy has one and he used it for 6.5

IMG_5438.PNG
Any particular reason you want a hand crank model??? I have this RCBS Pro Trim and it's awesome. Trims, deburrs and chamfers all at once

GIRAUD TOOL, the best of the best, whether you buy the small drill driven, or the MAC DADDY, Doug's, equipment beats them all...
We have had the rest, then found Giraud Tool, simply the best best, quick set up, and fast results...

View attachment 1117742 Any particular reason you want a hand crank model??? I have this RCBS Pro Trim and it's awesome. Trims, deburrs and chamfers all at once
The one I looked at just trimmed, and then had a chamfer, debur, and primer pocket cleaner on top. Not exactly all at once, plus it's $299, where as the hand trimmers are like $60-$70. That Frankford Arsenal one seems to do the same thing for half the cost. Are there multiple models of the Pro Trim?

GIRAUD TOOL, the best of the best, whether you buy the small drill driven, or the MAC DADDY, Doug's, equipment beats them all...
We have had the rest, then found Giraud Toll, simply the best best, quick set up, and fast results...

Their drill units don't seem to list 6.5cm as an option, but the powered unit for $460 does? Anyone know if the $90 drill version is available for 6.5cm? The powered unit is nice, but cannot justify $460+extra setups for 223 and 308 at the moment.

Really was looking at the sub $100 stuff as I don't reload large quantities at once, but would possibly go $150-ish, give or take a few, on something that could handle a few hundred rounds at a time and not be a big hassle.

ETA: I just went ahead and sent them an email. I see they list limited cartridges for the TriWay-Trimmer, but not 300 savage "and family". I will see what they say.

Give them a call, would think they do, as 6.5 is a .264 bullet, and the cutter, is already used in, 26 Nosler, 260 Rem., 264 Rem Mag, and 6.5 Creedmoor...

Giraud Tool 1-281-238-0844

They have made several calibers for us, when we needed them. Great people to deal with.

Just like DILLON, buy the Giraud once and be done, their units are just terrific to use...

I have the Lyman as well. Bought the drill adapter and the carbide head. The carbide is great. I find the adjustments to be a little tedious. I wish there were some set stops that could be added so changing case lengths could be faster and more exact... overall great trimmer though, just my .02

Back
Top Bottom