• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Case trimmer....the hand crank ones. Feedback?

I bought the Lyman with universal head awhile back. It did great for awhile the started cutting crooked. Messed around with it and couldn't figure it out, Tips? Anyway, I bought a LE Wilson case trimmer and absolutely love it. If you're just doing one caliber the cost wouldn't be terrible
What type of cutting blade were you using? The regular one or a carbide one? Could be a number of things, I'd check the pilot heads and maybe replace them in case they've worn out unevenly which could cause it to not be even or level. Also if you don't insert the pilot into the case before you lock down the shell holder it can cause it not to cut square. Might even be the shell holder itself. I'd start with the cutting head in case it's dull, they aren't expensive at all, $10-$20 usually, or the pilot which usually runs less than $5. Might be worth it to put $10 or so into it if it fixes it so you have a backup if the LE Wilson develops any issues up the road. Things with moving parts and friction do wear out over time. Hope that helps. If not, you can use it for a unique paper weight lol.

Back
Top Bottom