• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cash

It's only recently I carry any cash and yes, it's for FTF deals only. Everything else goes on the card (even 'chewing gum') that gets paid off monthly. Why wouldn't I want 2% back? I've got thousands banked at the moment.
Seriously, why would you use cash to purchase ANYTHING at a retail outlet? :confused: Unless it's for the sadistic pleasure of watching the cashier trying to figure out change.

It's only recently I carry any cash and yes, it's for FTF deals only. Everything else goes on the card (even 'chewing gum') that gets paid off monthly. Why wouldn't I want 2% back? I've got thousands banked at the moment.
Seriously, why would you use cash to purchase ANYTHING at a retail outlet? :confused: Unless it's for the sadistic pleasure of watching the cashier trying to figure out change.

Clark Howard had an excellent take on that. Why expose/use your cash when you can use the credit card merchants? Let them carry the risk and exposure and then pay it off. He was mainly talking about debit card transactions but to me it's the same. Id use a card for the .75 cent rubber "ribbed for her pleasure" at the truck stop if they would take it.

same. The only reason to have cash as far as I am concerned is to make private purchases. Even then, if the private purchase gives me the opportunity to use a card I will.

I almost always have $500-$1000 on me for spontanous gun purchases. Daddy always said to keep money in my pocket for any deals that may pop up. But, honesty, I use my card more than cash. I, however, will never use or accept a cash app to get a Coke out of the machine @ work!!!

Guess I’m old. Cash for me. Have started using debit card at grocery store about 3-4 years ago. Before that I would write a check. Yes the kids at work laugh at me but at least I can buy a drink from machine when I want one. And never pay at the pump for gas. Cash is king.

I almost always have $500-$1000 on me for spontanous gun purchases. Daddy always said to keep money in my pocket for any deals that may pop up. But, honesty, I use my card more than cash. I, however, will never use or accept a cash app to get a Coke out of the machine @ work!!!
My daddy always told me to make sure you have enough cash to get home.

Back
Top Bottom