• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Castle Doctrine in GA.

If they are no longer presenting a threat (I.E. they dropped the knife and are standing there) you can NOT shot them... obviously... and definitely not if they are fleeing the scene (cops can't even do that). but it is legal to use the threat of deadly force to stop a forcible felony, and who's to say that once you put your weapon away he doesn't pick his back up, so as long as you're keeping him from regaining his ability to hurt others you should be in the good. Besides, I don't see a cop in GA looking for a reason to arrest the guy that stopped a forcible felony. Just saying.

I have been in law enforcement for 25 years. Leo's will help you but are not always there...if someone breaks in my house, the purpose of my 911 call is to make a report, not to handle the issue in front of me. The safety of my family is my responsibility.

Remember... The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

I have been in law enforcement for 25 years. Leo's will help you but are not always there...if someone breaks in my house, the purpose of my 911 call is to make a report, not to handle the issue in front of me. The safety of my family is my responsibility.

Remember... The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

You got that right, what's the old saying, "When seconds count, the cops are minutes away".

For answers to your questions about citizens shooting bad guys, check out www.georgiacarry.org. There are lots of similar discussions. I'm a member, and it costs only 15 dollars per year. This is a very small price to pay for the work GaCarry does.

So as I understand this, pretty much only if your own, or a third party's, life is threatened can you use your firearm.

Have their been any cases/instances when someone tried to steal something, break into a car, etc, that pulling out a firearm would be justified (not necessarily firing)?

As I'm reading it, it states "(6) "Forcible felony" means any felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any person"
So I would say this would not pass as legal to do, or is it?

Back
Top Bottom