• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cat 9

I remember we had one or more at one of the gun stores I worked at back in the day. I remember being fascinated with it, but put off by the horrible trigger. Think it also had a screw head sticking out of the top of the slide that didn't inspire confidence.

Curious to hear how it shoots.

How did it shoot?
The pistol shot well, no FTF or FTEs, shooting at 12 feet, able to keep all 8 rounds on target, spread was pretty wide though, little gun has some serious recoil, shooting 115grm hollow pts., with no real sights on the gun would realistically use it as a last ditch close quarter back up if I was to carry it. I'll probably hang on to it as a curio

The pistol shot well, no FTF or FTEs, shooting at 12 feet, able to keep all 8 rounds on target, spread was pretty wide though, little gun has some serious recoil, shooting 115grm hollow pts., with no real sights on the gun would realistically use it as a last ditch close quarter back up if I was to carry it. I'll probably hang on to it as a curio
Thanks for the update. If you see any others or decide to let go of it, let me know.

I just picked up a brand new in the box Cat 9 from my local Fun store. It was originally marketed by Intratec, they went out of business in 2001., It's a single stack polymer frame 9mm based on a design by an Israeli gun designer. I remember when these first came out, anyway it was reaaly quite inexpensive so I bought it ! Anybody ever seen 0r owned one?
They were inspired by the Sirkis 9 ( I think that's the right spelling.) I like them and have looked at a few when they pop up on Gunbroker. But I like the oddball stuff like that. By the way you should probably check Gunbroker for extra mags and any spare parts you can find. I don't think there is any aftermarket source for that stuff. Although, Numrich might have leftover factory parts. I really liked the the "other" guns Intratec made like the Cat series and the Protec 25 which was a copy of an old CZ . The Cat series was made in 380,40 and 45ACP too. The good thing here for you is that you got the 9mm which was the most common. I still like them and would jump on one at the right price.

Back
Top Bottom