• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Catastrophic Failure in 5....4....3......

I don't own a glock, but I do cast and frequent castboolits.com. there are tons of folks on there that say they shoot cast through their Glocks with no issues. Say the cast issue in Glocks is hokum.

I agree. I work at a range and we've shot thousands upon thousands of cast rounds through our Glocks.
The one thing we do is make sure they're under 1,000 fps, usually the guns function without a problem down to 800 fps. None of us have ever had any leading problems.

Those are the kind I wear when casting now.

A couple years ago one drop of sweat rolled off my forehead and fell into the pot.
You would have thought somebody threw a fire cracker in there!
Now I'm dressed like a stuntman who expects to get set on fire, lol.

If you think that's exciting? Drop of glob of sweat into the bread stick or muffin pan THEN pour your lead into that! I had no idea that in real life there could be any such thing as a lead balloon. I wear safety glasses now.

I read tons of horror stories of meeting the "tensile fairy" before I cast my first boolit. I was way more paranoid to start with than I am now. I do make it a point to never lean over the pot when I am sweating. Always wear safety glasses, use leather gloves when handling and wear cotton clothes and leather shoes, things that don't melt when hit with a splat of molten lead.

Same deal with frying a turkey. I had heard horror stories. As long as you make sure the turkey is defrosted and no excess moisture on the outside, you don't need all that body armor some put on before dropping it in. Shoot if I can handle hot lead at 700 degrees, 375 degree grease ain't nothing. :)

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom