• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cb gear

About too dark to take a good pic.
1.1:1 swr, zero ground noise so its quieter and I can definitely hear better now.
Transmit is same db level as the imaxx I've been on for a year since there is no tranmit gain.
20170628_210004.jpg

About too dark to take a good pic.
1.1:1 swr, zero ground noise so its quieter and I can definitely hear better now.
Transmit is same db level as the imaxx I've been on for a year since there is no tranmit gain.
View attachment 1225778
Need to try to reach you when I'm n the area. But I try not to get over there much, damn traffic on 75.

If I get around to a amp I'll talk from farther, I have a Galaxy DX66V with a Monkey Made Competition antenna in my Frieghtliner.
DX66 is one of the greats.
I run a DX99v in my truck and run an older DX88HL mobile as a base but I run it at 16volts.

And yes, you need an amp in your truck.
bigger is better in a mobile! Im running my shootout box 1x2x8 and a motor maul this weekend for all the extra holiday traffic :thumb:
20170701_112450.jpg

I usually run a MM-4 at right rear of the bed for a beam like effect but im setup now for a wider forward direction to talk and lots of rejection from the rear.
The tool box is steel, not aluminum and its isolated from the truck ground so the toolbox is my only ground plane.
20170620_172421.jpg

My galaxy saturn base is about to get sent off for an upgraded power transformer, power circuit rebuild, mosphet final conversion and a direct audio injection circuit. So I swapped things around a bit in the shack.
20170701_193939.jpg

I usually run a MM-4 at right rear of the bed for a beam like effect but im setup now for a wider forward direction to talk and lots of rejection from the rear.
The tool box is steel, not aluminum and its isolated from the truck ground so the toolbox is my only ground plane.View attachment 1228865
That is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom