• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cb gear

Those alternators most likely came off a locomotive engine and was rebuilt for 18/24volt or 48/50volt system.
Listen to the alternators whine like turbine engines. Damn
I wouldn't doubt if that wasn't a hot rod corvette or t/a motor just for the torque required to turn the rpms needed to put out the power they consume in their 30 seconds of fame.
My advice... stay away from the cb shootouts if you dont like the feel serious rf power

Those alternators most likely came off a locomotive engine and was rebuilt for 18/24volt or 48/50volt system.
Listen to the alternators whine like turbine engines. Damn
I wouldn't doubt if that wasn't a hot rod corvette or t/a motor just for the torque required to turn the rpms needed to put out the power they consume in their 30 seconds of fame.
My advice... stay away from the cb shootouts if you dont like the feel serious rf power
As I understand, the reigning "loudest" on ch6 has a trailer with a Diesel engine running a huge generator, that he tows to different locations.

Geeshhh that's crazy, and doesn't vent go real fast...

Been years ago, used to install CB and TV antennas on towers.
Went from three channels to about 15. Yup, that's how we rolled back in the day...LOL:bounce:

As I understand, the reigning "loudest" on ch6 has a trailer with a Diesel engine running a huge generator, that he tows to different locations.

Geeshhh that's crazy, and doesn't vent go real fast...
Im sure. A CBer will pay a ham operator to design and build anything.
I've heard of mobile rigs that had their own 3 phase generator running 3cx15000 amps that can dead key 25k watts and modulating forward to 50k Bird watts. Those are the ones that can talk on the superbowl and not have too rely on conditions to be in their favor. Location and power. Awesome, ha ha

Back
Top Bottom