• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CB/GMRS radio help

CB is pretty much dead unless you're on a road trip and want to listen to truckers for entertainment.
CB has 40 channels unless you have one like mine and it’s about 1000
Lot more going on on CBs other than C19.
There’s guys talking cross continent, not legal, but no ones getting arrested or fined either. Pretty much a non issue.

But jeeps and other off road vehicles are getting real involved now.
As for handheld, the FRS are better for size and portability but little range. Handheld CB are as big and heavy as a brick. up side to CB is range and ability to have the same radio in a vehicle.

CB has 40 channels unless you have one like mine and it’s about 1000
Lot more going on on CBs other than C19.
There’s guys talking cross continent, not legal, but no ones getting arrested or fined either. Pretty much a non issue.

But jeeps and other off road vehicles are getting real involved now.
As for handheld, the FRS are better for size and portability but little range. Handheld CB are as big and heavy as a brick. up side to CB is range and ability to have the same radio in a vehicle.

I still have my mobile radio from days gone by with uppers/lowers that was "tuned" in a box somewhere.

I have a couple older CB handhelds, that are truly bricks. Some of the current ones are better (I have Midland that's not huge), but the battery life still sucks. I usually just use the 12V adapter when I use it on road trips.

I still have my mobile radio from days gone by with uppers/lowers that was "tuned" in a box somewhere.

I have a couple older CB handhelds, that are truly bricks. Some of the current ones are better (I have Midland that's not huge), but the battery life still sucks. I usually just use the 12V adapter when I use it on road trips.

Can't just leave us hanging like that. Whatcha got stowed away for bad times? I need a few mobiles and a base but highs and lows are a must.
@3clicks_Off might chime in..

Can't just leave us hanging like that. Whatcha got stowed away for bad times? I need a few mobiles and a base but highs and lows are a must.
@3clicks_Off might chime in..

Don't remember the exact model, but it's an early 80's Uniden with a Realistic badge on it. It's been with me so long, I doubt I'll ever sell or trade it.

Back
Top Bottom