• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CC recommendations- NOT the Shield 9mm

Screenshot_20180921-132200_Google.jpg

'Nuff said, again........

Can you be specific? You can't make a worldwide proclamation disqualifying a handgun just because "it don't do me right". Lots of people are happy with the shield 9mm as a CC.

I don’t own a ton of handguns. In no particular order... I’ve owned an sr22, 22/45, HK USP C (first pistol 20 years ago) Glock 23, px4 and the shield. The shield just seems to force me to adjust the angle of my wrists/arms or forces me to adjust my aim/level of my point. When I point my px4 it comes natural and I can quickly pick up the sights - and they’re close to being on target. Not sure if it’s grip angle or what. Maybe changing the sights would help...

Does this help?

Edit: another winner for me, my friend has a Sig 226 and I can acquire a target almost instantly with that. Again, very little adjustment needed, just point and it’s there.

CZ has the ergonomics and points very naturally.
CZ Rami 2075 D for subcompact
CZ P01 for a compact.

I have small hands and still have an little issue with most subs on the draw.

Sig p6 or P225 is another solid choice with good ergonomics

My vote is for the glock 43 or lc9s. I really miss my 43 that I sold last year. It was the only gun I could pocket carry in shorts or throw in a USB holster and feel comfortable.

I had the Taurus pt111 gen 2, and I didn't like it. I liked it till the new wore off, and then I found it cheap feeling. Also, I can't stand a gun that the mag has as bad of a mag rattle as that thing had.

Back
Top Bottom