• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCI "quiet ones"

Blue bio balls

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Until: Apr 24, 2024
107   0
Reaction score
I have a s&w 15/22. I like to shoot these rounds around my property because they are so quiet, but I have to manually load each round because the blow back will not reset the trigger. Is there a way or a different spring I can use to make the gun function properly? Thanks in advance fellas.
20180325_192818.jpg

You might be able to get a light recoil spring, possibly a lighter hammer spring, remembering that if you switch back to standard or high velocity you must put the stock springs back in.

You can DIY modifying stock springs and slicking up the action. You could even lighten the bolt, but no going back from that really without another bolt.

There are some products on the market for 10 22, try google for the S&W and see what's out there.

Best bet would be to pick up an ol' pump .22. No feed issues, nice magazine capacity, and quiet as the day is long with that ammo. Possibly more accurate, too.

I run the quiets in my 1022 as well. There is a firefly bolt available for about $200 that's supposed to work in ruger semi auto. I just manually cycle them.
I just aquired some CCI standard target loads. 1070fps(subsonic velocity ) that while not as "hush" as the quiets are noticeably quieter than high velocity 22lr due to the lack of super sonic crack and they will cycle a semi auto.
20180322_132534.jpg
20180329_133301.jpg

Stu P gave some solid advise. I've read where the 10 22 guys trim and high polish bolt and change springs for success . You'll have to see what's out there in the after market for your gun. The 10 22 facebook groups I use have alot of advise and you get lots of reply fast. Don't know if your a Facebook operator but you'll get more answers in 10min on an active group than you would on 2 weeks on the ODT.

Back
Top Bottom