CCW in a business that has a "No Loaded Weapons" sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt820xp

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
I was in a small business today and upon entering did not see a sign outside that said "no loaded weapons". I was talking about the LCP which the business owner was mexican carrying in his waist that was visible. We talked about how nice it is to carry and told him that I had it in my fobus holster and found it more comfortable than the pocket. He then asked me If I knew that I just broke the law by taking a gun into his shop with the sign posted outside and that I could be charged with a Felony and lose my right to carry a gun. I did not think this to be correct and did not argue the point but instead apologized for the mistake, and then informed him that I did not see his sign and would gladly honor his policy on my next visit. Well it bothered me that I may have broken the law so I did some research to find out that the signs posted on business don't mean a damn thing. However the owner of the store may ask you to leave but you can only be charged with trespassing if you refuse and not a felony. And if convicted of that you still would not lose your carry rights. See http://www.georgiapacking.org/gflpol.php
for info- it is at the bottom of the page under No Signage Laws-

I would like yall to chime in on this as to if GeorgiaPacking.org or the store owner is correct. By the way the store owner is in the gun repair business-

Last edited:
He was full of it. He can hang whatever sign he wants and it doesn't mean squat. If he asks you to leave, though, you have to leave.

Signs carry no legal weight in GA.

Please tell the name of this place, so I can make sure never to step foot in it. No interest in doing business with somebody in the GUN business who is spreading lies about gun laws. His shop, his rules, I can respect that. The lies on the other hand, are unacceptable.

Please tell the name of this place, so I can make sure never to step foot in it. No interest in doing business with somebody in the GUN business who is spreading lies about gun laws. His shop, his rules, I can respect that. The lies on the other hand, are unacceptable.

lol, if you require gun shop employees to be knowledgeable about gun laws, that's gonna drastically cut down on your shopping options.

BTW, I just re-read the original post to make sure I didn't miss anything and realized that I did...the guy was Mexican carrying an LCP? LOL, seriously? What a stud, lol.

First of all somebody that mexican carries............don't get me started.

Second, his sign doesn't mean jack. If you are caught carrying and the owner asks you to leave then you have to or you can be charged with trespass.

Out of respect to the gentleman I am going to withold his name because regardless of his ignorance- He is a damn fine gunsmith that maybe just needs someone to print off the law and set the record straight. I served 8 years in the military with 5 combat tours to Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan and was pretty pissed that the guy tried to talk to me like I was a little kid, but I was with someone that was trying to have some work done by the best guy around. After 6 years of combat and conflict overseas I have chosen to become the quiet calm let it go type but after yalls confirmation of view I will definately be in contact to settle my point professionally so he does not make the mistake of stating incorrect information to a law abiding citizen. I would just hate to hurt someones business that does "honest work" in this economy. I personally won't be spending a dime dime there though.

BTW, I just re-read the original post to make sure I didn't miss anything and realized that I did...the guy was Mexican carrying an LCP? LOL, seriously? What a stud, lol.

^^^THIS^^^

Maybe he was trying to impress you with his BIG gun... Mexican carry, LCP? You should tell him it's also a pocket pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom