• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW question

Ok I get it, I won't OC my Mosin, but some of the legal minds answer me this. If a church is operating in a school gym on Sunday why is it not a church instead of a school at that time? If it is still a school, the church can't be there right?

For a public school, the school board can rent it's facilities to anyone, as long as it is content neutral in doing so. It's still a school building. Your local wiccan coven can rent the auditorium if it wants to do so.

Private school can rent to selected organizations, but it's still a school building.

Nope, only carry if you are picking up or dropping off and that is your only intention. If you have to go inside the school for any reason, no CCW will cover you.
Read the law. I believe Ringleader is spot on. If you want to try to out think the law, then think about the consequences. I understand the intent, but I believe the law is pretty clear, so choose to avoid those venues.

I got where you were going. I was assuming the church approves carry in my hypothetical. Your answer just made me think of the establishments authority to decide in either case.

Soooooo could the school board authorize a traveling curios and relics museum to use its gym for an event? YES Or could they even go so far as authorizing a gun show? Talk about a gun show loophole. NO, preempted by state law. Liberals would spontaneously combust.

so it goes

Back
Top Bottom