• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CCW renewal Fulton County

chris1972

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
31   0
Reaction score
Went and did my renewal about 4 weeks ago in sandy springs then submitted form to the PD, they did not charge for backround check and no fingerprints were required. Has anyone had experience with the turnaround time as i have still not received it in the mail. Thanks

"You may call 404-613-4689 to check on the status of your application."
Thanks. I called but i guess it has to be during normal hours and they never answer. I wish they had a automated way to check. Mine is still good for 15 days and i will carry anyway even if it doesnt come on time:)

I think it's actually good for 30 days past the exp. date.

This is incorrect. If it is expired, then it is expired. Period.

If you are caught carrying with an expired license, then you are subject to prosecution. The 30 day period comes from the new parts of the law that allow you to have an expired licensed re-issued as a renewal, if it has not been expired more than 30 days.

If you wait after the 30 days is up, then you have to apply for a license, just as though you have never had one before. Pay the full cost, and go through the entire process.

Since you have already applied, then this should not apply to you. You do have the option of going back to the Probate Court and demanding that they issue you a temporary license, since they have not processed your application in the prescribed amount of time.

O.C.G.A. 16-11-129 is the section that covers this info, if I am not mistaken. I can't look it up right now, but I believe that is the correct section.

Hopefully you will have yours before your current license expires, but if not, you do have a legal remedy to keep a current license, via the Temp License laws.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom