• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CD Rate

Check with Coosa Valley Credit Union as they run specials time to time. There is a new one in Ringold too. My daughter was up there last week working.

Don't lock your money up for 5 years. BBVA Bank is offering 2.5% on Money Markets. Stay liquid Pony Boy.
They have pretty bad reviews as I checked them out, and are backed by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A., better known by its initialism BBVA, is a multinational Spanish banking group based in Madrid and Bilbao, Spain. It is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, and is present mainly in Spain, North America, South America and Turkey.

“...locking up your money...” has been mentioned more than once in this thread.
I can’t speak for all CDs but the surrenders I’ve seen only lose a portion of the interest earned.
This is misunderstood by the masses that allow good CDs to rollover into pathetic rates and assume there’s nothing they can do for another year.

“...locking up your money...” has been mentioned more than once in this thread.
I can’t speak for all CDs but the surrenders I’ve seen only lose a portion of the interest earned.
This is misunderstood by the masses that allow good CDs to rollover into pathetic rates and assume there’s nothing they can do for another year.
Don't let it roll over look further.

Don't let it roll over look further.
Good advice.
But not everyone is in the same situation of a single CD to keep after.
Fast forward into your 90s and keep up with your laddered CDs. You’re constantly moving them around chasing better rates and then ask yourself where your CDs are on any given day.

18 month Cds are widely available for 2.5+ % interest with NO transaction fees. They are FDIC guaranteed. Early withdrawal is available with just an interest penalty.

In 18 months, we may have a Dem president. If history repeats, look for the stock market to crater again. Your investments are not protected, and , depending on your age, you may never recover the loss in your lifetime.

Risk is for the young, I am VERY risk adverse now.

Back
Top Bottom