• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CDL In Progress - A Few Questions

That's what I did.
First, I didn't want to leave my current job at the time.
Secondly, I didn't want to have my arse tied to any company for years to come. Because they send you to school, BUT it is not for free!!
And they make you sign a non compete so you either have to stick with them at starvation wages for a year or leave trucking.

It's been years but when I went it was weekdays. Def check to see, though I doubt it.

I'd be really cautious about going to school through a company. Just look up some the horror stories on the internet. There's lots of low paying scum ****ery in the trucking industry.
Yep, received confirmation yesterday that Chattahoochee Tech is weekdays only. No option for weekends.

The company route is off the menu for me, but I've definitely heard tale of the nightmares involved in some of those arrangements. I'd pass on that even if I were looking for a career change haha.

Right on, I'll scope them out. Thank you 👍

Yeah, there are plenty of 1.5M mile clapped out mechanic specials lurking out there, but the nice drivers are commanding silly $ right now haha
Non DPF trucks will be high. Detroit 60 series are great and require only a little maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom