• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CDNN

I just ordered another kit at that price. One of my favorite AR builds. I added their barrel, 3-port brake, and their upgraded trigger group. Will finish it off with the PSA NIB BCG and basic CH, and end up with around $600 in it. I am pleased with quality and accuracy. Not a true Colt, but a great shooter.

They aren't Colt rifles (only the name is licensed) and the company is now out of business.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/03/robert-farago/colt-competition-goes-business-first-many/
Still do not see any info on their product not being well regarded. Just because a company goes under does not necessarily mean their product has issues. Example High Standard .22 pistols. And many companies license their name for others to make firearms for them. Example research Turkish shotguns made for Amercan gun companies.

Still do not see any info on their product not being well regarded. Just because a company goes under does not necessarily mean their product has issues. Example High Standard .22 pistols. And many companies license their name for others to make firearms for them. Example research Turkish shotguns made for Amercan gun companies.
Buy the hell out of these parts kits for all I care, just trying to share what I've heard. In my opinion, it is incredibly dishonest to imply a connection to a well regarded brand by branding your products with their name, when no association exists.

From a practical standpoint you can get known good complete parts kits with a lifetime warranty for less money than it would take to complete one of these.

Well I am just commenting on what I have heard and experienced. You made a statement on perceived quality of parts. That a their parts and builds are not well regarded. I cannot find any info regarding issues with their product. I just questioned your statements. If they are not of good quality I want to know as well. As I am looking at buying another of their completed rifles in .308. Bold Ideas did not just brand their products Colt Competition. Colt paid them to make the rifles for them. Or they paid Colt to use the name. The rifles were listed on Colts website. Here is another example of Colt Licensing. http://www.guns.com/2012/05/03/colt-competition-precision-bolt-action-rifle-m2012-clr/
This gun is under the Colt Competition name yet Cooper manufactured it for Colt. Bold Ideas as far as I know did not go under due to quality issues as much as the decline of the market. I gain my knowledge by questioning things. Sorry if my questioning made you unhappy. Was just trying to get to facts of your statements. Just another small tidbit. CZ once made a pistol for Colt wished I had bought it when I had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom