• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cell Cameras?

I read lithium batteries help. Can you program them to take pics at certain times of a day? How long do batteries last if they are taking every picture? Can they only ID certain types of game?
I get about 700 pics off mine in Macon county but I get a lot of daytime also,it will cut down to about 400 when it gets cold and the nights are longer.ive tried the lithium and copper tops I can’t tell any difference,

I have the SPYPOINT and you have to pay extra for High definition pics. It depends on how often you have the pics uploaded to you will determine how long the battery last.
I prefer stealth cam. I like the app better and pics are more clear and you don’t have to pay extra for HD pics. I have the SPYPOINT pointed at my camper(which stays at camp) and the stealth cam in the woods.
I get thousands of pics on them before I have to change the batteries but again it depends on how often you choose to “upload the pics”. My stealth cam only uploads 1x a day and I can get about 3 months out of the battery’s but if I choose to have them uploaded more often it eats the batteries faster.

I've got a Spypoint with the solar charger. The fotos are great when you can get them. Mine has been HIGH maintenence. They have replaced it twice. Always having to reformat the chip. Wouldn't be so bad if was in my back yard but It's an hour and a half drive. No more Spypoint for me.

I was really happy with SPYPOINT the first two I purchased are still working flawless,since i have purchased 3 more and they all at SPYPOINT,if you call customer service you get a foreigner.my next camera purchase will be the tacticam reveal,the guy I hunt with has a couple,and pics lot clearer.i think GeauxLSU GeauxLSU recently purchased the new model.
I just can't fathom buying another type. Unless of course great battery life, fast trigger, incredible pics and videos, unbelievable cell reception, effortless operation/programming, stunning cell reception and illogically affordable price are things you are opposed to. ;) I keep all of mine on video. (Below is original Reveal model. New one is even better.)

I'd never use another spypoint.. I just tossed two in the trash. They work ok for a couple months then mine quit taking pictures and the customer service is okay if you ride a carpet back and forth to work. I got a couple tactacam reveal x and they are awesome.

Were using two MoultrieMobile cams.
They worked okay for a while but since this last battery change the one camera shows active and fine but is not sending any pics/tried resettting it three times.
customer service for MoultrieMobile sucks bad, really bad.
another thing I absolutely hate is they send you update notices more frequently than a freaking I phone.
Dang man, how many times do you need to update your freaking trail cam?….annoying!
Note: with any cell cam-do not place on objects that have frequent sun and reflection or has tall grass or weeds nearby.
On sunny days and windy days the camera will take constant pictures as the shadows move and weeds blow.

I may have to go the tacticam route here soon.

Back
Top Bottom