• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Centerfire Precision Range in Woodbury, GA

This range is only about 30 minutes away from me. I go down there occasionally to shoot steel. Not a bad place to go shoot although it's a drive for you from Marietta. I've also taken a few classes down there. Scott is an instructor for Suarez International and teaches quite a bit down there.

This range is only about 30 minutes away from me. I go down there occasionally to shoot steel. Not a bad place to go shoot although it's a drive for you from Marietta. I've also taken a few classes down there. Scott is an instructor for Suarez International and teaches quite a bit down there.
Thanks for the feedback.

Never heard of them but Woodbury is only 30min from me so I'll be checking them out soon. Thanks for posting up!

Perfect timing too because the owner of the property I shoot at has just called a cease fire till after deer season so I'm in need of a place to dispose of my lead!

I was there yesterday for an NRA sponsored 3-gun match. It was supposed to be for both adults and kids, but nobody brought any minor children.
It was a nice range! A couple of big shooting pits with nice tall berms (the area is hilly, not flat like I expected for middle Georgia), and a few more shooting areas along a jeep trail and across a dry pond.
Good steel targets. Plates that hang, plates that are hinged, plates that flip to the other side, vertical spinners, and steel silhouettes that don't move, but give you a satisfying "pink" when you hit them with a .22.

Not all plates are AR-500; and even the AR-500 isn't meant for shooting with .223 at close range. If you want to shoot a round that has a 3000+ fps muzzle velocity, you need to back off to 100 yards. They have a couple such plates that far out. But for most of the steel, it's good for shotguns, handguns, and .22 rimfire rifles.

There's even a "Texas Star" device that has 5 steel plates at the end of five arms that rotate around a central axle, and when you knock off one place, you chance the center of balance for the system and the other plates start moving. Every time you make another plate fall, it either goes faster or stops and changes direction. If you're good, you can shoot them on the move, while they're swinging. If you want to play it safe, wait until they pause at the end of the swing arc and pop them then.

Scott and Paul are nice folks, and they had a few other staff/ volunteers as range officers too.

There's a gun shop on site, and they have an indoor classroom for teaching classes.

P.S. They've got some of my GWL books there now, for sale, in case you want to buy one.

P.S. Paul is a custom gunsmith who builds long range precision rifles.

And they have a .50 BMG rifle that you can borrow to shoot their ammo-- for $10 a shot. They said they have an old car that makes a good target for that beast. I didn't shoot it or see anybody using it yesterday, but I saw it propped in the corner of the gun shop.

P.S. Paul is a custom gunsmith who builds long range precision rifles.

And they have a .50 BMG rifle that you can borrow to shoot their ammo-- for $10 a shot. They said they have an old car that makes a good target for that beast. I didn't shoot it or see anybody using it yesterday, but I saw it propped in the corner of the gun shop.
Do they have a ranger for long range rifle?

Back
Top Bottom