• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CEO of Bulletproof Everyone jackets shoots himself in video

A few weeks ago, I tested my 30-year old Point Blank brand vest (Level IIA).
It stopped everything I threw at it, including .45 acp 230 gr. FMJ, 200 gr. JHP, a .357 magnum fired from a 6" bbl revolver, .22LR Stingers at 1600 f.p.s. from a rifle, and a few 9mm loads, even 124 gr. NATO spec.

I can tell you that the backface deformation / backface signature is significant, as the vest bulges on the back side when the bullet strikes the front side.

Notice in this video, he shoots with the gun at a 45 degree angle to his body, not perpendicular. He's doing that to minimize the blunt trauma / backface deformation on the body side of that armor. By changing the bullet angle, he's also directing the bullet to try to go through 40% more material. (The hypotenuse of a 45 degree isoscles triangle is about 40% longer than the base or length.)

I shot my vest with a 100-lb mound of red georgia clay behind it. The 9mm bullet put a divot in the clay about 1" deep. It looked like somebody smaked the clay with a carpenter's framing hammer.

I shot my vest with a .45 while it was tightly taped around 2 cereal boxes. One box was ripped open and a lot of the cereal inside was pulverized into powder.

I shot my vest with a .357 magnum with two other cereal boxes behind it. One box was ripped wide open with a hole you could put your fist through, and cereal spilled all over the ground. Yet the bullet was caught halfway through the kevlar panel.

Energy IS transferred through any soft vest and into the tissue behind it !!

Back
Top Bottom