• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ceramic Coating for Cars - good/bad??

How durable is the finish? I take mine into the bush every once in a while and can get the paint scratched up by pushing through brush. Is this finish tough enough to hold up to that?

How durable is the finish? I take mine into the bush every once in a while and can get the paint scratched up by pushing through brush. Is this finish tough enough to hold up to that?
Not that durable. They say regular coat on a car has a hardness scale of 4 or 5. This is a 9. Scratch resistant, but not scratch proof by any means. Just easier to buff out and easier to clean. Keeps the shine longer without wax.
This is not going to see any brush. It's a 3.5 second 0-60 car and will not see the lack of pavement. Don't think you'd get value with a car that gets any rougher treatment.

Not that durable. They say regular coat on a car has a hardness scale of 4 or 5. This is a 9. Scratch resistant, but not scratch proof by any means. Just easier to buff out and easier to clean. Keeps the shine longer without wax.
This is not going to see any brush. It's a 3.5 second 0-60 car and will not see the lack of pavement. Don't think you'd get value with a car that gets any rougher treatment.

What he saidabove, tough and kind of self healing but not for going in the brush. Here’s my car before the ceramic was put on it. 0-60 2.8 seconds if you can make it hook.

1BC1E3EB-613F-4378-B4FF-FEEB2D17FC09.jpeg
7012FE15-342D-412C-9A66-39BD69689C6F.jpeg
95CC1460-3929-42A1-8855-A3DAC35B7196.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom