• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CG&P Arsenal AK's

Bet someone got a free gin out of that review lol. How many rounds you put through a wasr? How many training courses you been through, putting a couple thousand round through it each day? Or maybe your opinion was formed from an occasional day at the range with 3 mags. Defending a gun built with military reject parts is a sure fire way to cement your legacy in amateur hour.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/03/how-many-rounds-can-an-ak-fire-before-it-breaks-down/

Ok now listen to an interview from the best AK builder in this country

http://www.intherabbithole.com/e152/?utm_source=hootsuite
You realize Jim Fuller directly competes with these guns, right? He's a salesman. Of course he's gonna tell you you need a $2000 AK. I'm just not stupid enough to buy it. People have been killing the **** out of each other for decades with AKs... and they weren't Rifle Dynamics, or exclusively Russian/Bulgarian/Chinese, and they certainly didn't cost $2000 and were built by a supposed craftsman.

Personally I don't have the coin at this point in my life to run the **** out of any gun. I draw from different forums and reviews to form my opinion of a gun, which is the best I can do. It would be silly to only form an opinion on my own... a sample size of 1 is useless.

New WASRs are not "reject parts". They're newly manufactured.

Calling on Jim Fuller to talk in earnest about AKs is like asking BMW their opinion of Toyota Corollas.

You'll never convince these people man. They saw a **** WASR 15 years ago and assume that justifies the $1000-$1500 Arsenal today.

80k-100k rounds for a regular ole WASR......yeah, I'll take that ****er to the bank and back to hell with me. I've had an Arsenal SLR rifle and it was one of my favorite rifles, wish I still had it. I have a WASR now, not one ****ing difference other than the finish.

Reactions: MRH
I own both and like both for different reasons

If i had to choose one to go into battle, id take the arsenal probably

But that being said i have fired my wasr more. Neither have ****ed up once

As far as reliability goes, both do fine so long as you aint using **** promags or korean made garbage

AK is an AK. WASR will function just as good as Arsenal. And another thing I've never had any WASRs finish come off while cleaning, had (2) Arsenal AKs that the finish was coming off due to cleaning.........

These have better fit and finish but honestly they don't shoot any better than a $450 WASR. I've owned them all. You will however notice a difference when you shoot a milled receiver AK.
Significant difference, other than weight, between a milled and stamped with respect to how it handles, accuracy, etc.? Looking at the Century milled AK, but wouldn't mind another Arsenal.

AK is an AK. WASR will function just as good as Arsenal. And another thing I've never had any WASRs finish come off while cleaning, had (2) Arsenal AKs that the finish was coming off due to cleaning.........

This whole cleaning AKs thing keeps popping up in different threads lately
:twitch:

Bet someone got a free gin out of that review lol. How many rounds you put through a wasr? How many training courses you been through, putting a couple thousand round through it each day? Or maybe your opinion was formed from an occasional day at the range with 3 mags. Defending a gun built with military reject parts is a sure fire way to cement your legacy in amateur hour.

I have a WASR with close to 10k rounds through it. I have trained, carried it in all weathers up the creek and over the mountain. You can make yourself feel better by justifying an expensive purchase and trash the WASR, but I have owned many of them and never had any problems. I cannot say I would have more confidence in any other rifle I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of rifles. I believe the WASR is the best rifle ever made for the money, but that's my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom