• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CHAMPION RANGE AND TARGET Wheelybird 2.0 Automatic Trap Review

Realtor

Default rank 5000+ posts Sponsor
Buying or selling real estate? PM me for Discounts
375   0
Reaction score
this is an incredible machine, well worth the money in my opinion - check out the review on my website!

follow GunBrand on instagram https://www.instagram.com/thegunbrand/

anyone that wants to come shoot, send me a PM!

IMG_6072.jpg

They are fine for a backyard range with minimal usage.
You may adjust your review after a few seasons or if you shoot a lot of targets.

When they were first introduced, many of the youth clay target clubs (4-H, SCTP, School Teams) in Georgia who were using the manual clay target throwers purchased these machines. They were about 1/2 the cost of commercial grade machines. After the second or 3rd season the machines started having significant issues and the parts and repair were comparable to the cost of replacing the machines. Many clubs opted to replace them with the small, single stack commercial machines from Promatic, Laporte or more recently the MEC e series.

As always, your mileage may vary.
My opinion is based on my own experience and the feedback of many small clay target clubs who gave these a try based on the price point.

Spend more now and get a machine that will last for a decade or more with little to no maintenance.

They are fine for a backyard range with minimal usage.
You may adjust your review after a few seasons or if you shoot a lot of targets.

When they were first introduced, many of the youth clay target clubs (4-H, SCTP, School Teams) in Georgia who were using the manual clay target throwers purchased these machines. They were about 1/2 the cost of commercial grade machines. After the second or 3rd season the machines started having significant issues and the parts and repair were comparable to the cost of replacing the machines. Many clubs opted to replace them with the small, single stack commercial machines from Promatic, Laporte or more recently the MEC e series.

As always, your mileage may vary.
My opinion is based on my own experience and the feedback of many small clay target clubs who gave these a try based on the price point.

Spend more now and get a machine that will last for a decade or more with little to no maintenance.
I’ve put thousands of clays down range and haven’t had any issues so far but yes I will update the review if I have issues

Back
Top Bottom