• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chancellor of Georgia University System issues guidelines for concealed carry

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
The Chancellor (the really really big cheese) issued guidelines for concealed carry today on public campuses today.

I am pleasantly surprised how plain vanilla they are.

In particular I am pleased that he cautions the individual institutions to not impose their own rules.

The anti-carry group was taking the position that tailgating was part of an athletic activity, and concealed carry should be banned there (100,000 at UGA, 500 or so at Ga. Tech). The chancellor rejected that, and said the ban only applied to the actual facility where the competition took place, while the competition was going on.

The one issue that concerns me is that he says the duty to find out if there are high school students in a class is on the college student with the concealed permit. He has to find out by asking the appropriate person, who will tell him if there are any HS students in the class. Chancellor says the system doesn't have to "post" the classrooms. I'm not so sure about this advice -- I don't know that I want to be telling a college administrator that I'm carrying on campus.

2 page memo can be found here.
http://www.usg.edu/news/release/guidelines_for_the_implementation_of_house_bill_280.

Back
Top Bottom