• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Change your brake fluid.

Brake fluid absorbs moisture and becomes less effective over time so changing it every so often is a good practice. The system will work better and help prevent internal corrosion.

if i get a new vehicle i want to keep i gravity bleed them
after that change the reservoir if it needs it

but you're right OP people **** on cars hard and
really its alot like everything else

When you're bleeding the brakes the old fashioned way
Place a block of wood or something under the pedal so it won't go very far down

If you take a car that has years of wear inside the master cylinder there is a groove or ridge worn into the master cylinder wall , from the piston stopping at the same spot all the time

And then you start mashing the brake pedal all he way to the floor dozens of times , it will mess up the O ring seals on the piston
And you will be replacing the MC before long

The one man bleeder screws are very handy
If your wife doesn't like to help mash the pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customer came in said her oil light came on she just left jiffy lube oil change

Under her car was drain plug about to fall out

Matter fact as i touched it it fell she was lucky and jiffy was lucky

Took pictures she got a year free oil changes but asked for refund and never went back

Sad but pay kids 7 bucks hour this happens

So if you pay the kid $7hr he puts the drain plug in half way in and for $20hr he puts it in all the way. Oil changers should have a degree seeing it is such a high tech job.

So if you pay the kid $7hr he puts the drain plug in half way in and for $20hr he puts it in all the way. Oil changers should have a degree seeing it is such a high tech job.
that was my point

They hire anyone that has no common sense nor education how to be a tech

So yeah higher paid employee most causes are a mechanic with skillz to match that pay

I prefer the old fashioned method because I think it blows out more of trash and water built up in the caliper or cylinder
But I've had to use the mity vac to bleed clutch cylinders

If it's a vehicle you're gonna keep for a while
I just get the one man bleed screws
Loosen it, step on the pedal a few times , tighten , refill the MC and move to the next wheel

Although I've had a couple cars with major issues
We bought an old Chevy pickup mostly for the axles and they had installed the backing plates upside down , so the slot you stick the spoon thru to back off the adjusting screw so you can remove the drum , the slot was on the top , we had to lay under the truck and drill another slot so we could get the shoes loose enough to remove the drum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom