• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Changed out a powersteering pump and now I'm in Mustang Hydroboost hell! How do you bleed this thing?

Been there before as well. Think you did something wrong just to find out it's the parts.! There are only a few brands I personally use and currently trying to get my 2 boys to understand why. And even using the same parts store. I give a shout out to Brad at the Fayetteville Autozone he is the man!

My son is 19 and this was an eye opener. It was also very frustrating! Now he has $260 in 2 bad pumps to return and I'm sure the first thing they will say is "Well they have a lifetime warranty". Prob is this junk only has a lifetime anymore of a few months - if they arent DOA like these two.

My son is 19 and this was an eye opener. It was also very frustrating! Now he has $260 in 2 bad pumps to return and I'm sure the first thing they will say is "Well they have a lifetime warranty". Prob is this junk only has a lifetime anymore of a few months - if they arent DOA like these two.
Son #1 is working on a '91 ford crown vic/LTD. Just got done with exhaust out the side in front of rear tires. And a good tune up later to find out a freeze plug on the driver side head is leaking.
Son #2. Has a '95 Honda accord that he has made into what my generation calls a rice burner. Had to do the front crank seal and oil pump seal over the weekend. To find out the driver side outer tie rod was shot along with the wheel bearing. And now will also be doing front brakes this weekend as they are 85% worn.
O the joy of having boys and cars. I believe that this is what might actually kill me. If not the constant working on them it will be the worry they haven't said something was wrong or needs replacing.

Son #1 is working on a '91 ford crown vic/LTD. Just got done with exhaust out the side in front of rear tires. And a good tune up later to find out a freeze plug on the driver side head is leaking.
Son #2. Has a '95 Honda accord that he has made into what my generation calls a rice burner. Had to do the front crank seal and oil pump seal over the weekend. To find out the driver side outer tie rod was shot along with the wheel bearing. And now will also be doing front brakes this weekend as they are 85% worn.
O the joy of having boys and cars. I believe that this is what might actually kill me. If not the constant working on them it will be the worry they haven't said something was wrong or needs replacing.

I feel your pain. I am really trying to step back and let my boys become more mechanically inclined but it's hard to do. I'm afraid something won't get done just right so I have a bad habit of stepping in and doing it. Plus I started questioning just how many times are my boys going to need to learn to set timing or swap a distributor or carb out?

I feel your pain. I am really trying to step back and let my boys become more mechanically inclined but it's hard to do. I'm afraid something won't get done just right so I have a bad habit of stepping in and doing it. Plus I started questioning just how many times are my boys going to need to learn to set timing or swap a distributor or carb out?
Sounds like we are living the same life just in two different locations. While working on the '95 Honda, between my son and me we forgot to double check the torque of the crank bolt and of course you know I got the call while he was on the way to school. Dad the belts came off. Had to run out and fix it on the side of the road.

Back
Top Bottom