• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chattahoochee River diving, anyone loose their m1a?

I have ,,,found all kinds of rod n reels, newspaper vending machines etc...great way to pass a couple of hours, also done Etowah River, some in Lanier around docks for things people drop....

An M1A is an assault rifle?

So quick off topic story but kinda related. I guess 2 years ago we went tubing on the Hooch up in Helen. We were supposed to get a locker so I brought my phone and wallet with me but we did get the locker, I had my stuff in a sandwich bag in the pocket of my gym shorts. Water level was really low, we had to use sticks to keep us off the rocks and such, had a decent enough time but half way through I realized my phone was no longer in my pocket. I jump out and start walked back up the river trying to find it but couldnt. This was on Saturday. That Monday I went and got a new phone. Tuesday around 7pm I get a phone call on my home phone. It was a gentleman that lives in Helen telling me that he had found my phone. I was in utter disbelief. I had some change in the bag with the phone and wallet. He was metal detecting and came across it. I was also surprised that my phone was still operational. It was a Samsung Galaxy S5 so its waterproof but I was surpised the battery was still working, unless he charged it up. Anyways I told the guy to take the cash I had in the wallet, $50 and ship me the stuff and he could keep the change but he wouldnt hear of it, mailed me everything including my change. He said he finds stuff all the time and wanted to return me stuff to me.

Woo the hell goes scuba diving in the Chattahoochee?

People looking for trouble or people in the loop. Diver's were probably in the same circle of the previous owner and heard the where abouts of the gun being dropped in the river and realized they had the opportunity for a grab. Just a thought.

An M1A is an assault rifle?

So quick off topic story but kinda related. I guess 2 years ago we went tubing on the Hooch up in Helen. We were supposed to get a locker so I brought my phone and wallet with me but we did get the locker, I had my stuff in a sandwich bag in the pocket of my gym shorts. Water level was really low, we had to use sticks to keep us off the rocks and such, had a decent enough time but half way through I realized my phone was no longer in my pocket. I jump out and start walked back up the river trying to find it but couldnt. This was on Saturday. That Monday I went and got a new phone. Tuesday around 7pm I get a phone call on my home phone. It was a gentleman that lives in Helen telling me that he had found my phone. I was in utter disbelief. I had some change in the bag with the phone and wallet. He was metal detecting and came across it. I was also surprised that my phone was still operational. It was a Samsung Galaxy S5 so its waterproof but I was surpised the battery was still working, unless he charged it up. Anyways I told the guy to take the cash I had in the wallet, $50 and ship me the stuff and he could keep the change but he wouldnt hear of it, mailed me everything including my change. He said he finds stuff all the time and wanted to return me stuff to me.
That's awesome...there is still some upstanding people in this world

Back
Top Bottom