• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap AR's

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I though I had seen it all when I saw AR15's going for 425. I just got a email from grab a gun and they were selling Deltons for 369. Is that crazy or what. I wouldn't buy one but I mean they just keep getting cheaper.

A Delton AR is worse than a homemade redneck built AK....It should be cheaper than that.

I once carried an M-16 A1 that was made by an automatic transmission factory. It had a green M-14 adjustable sling.

I loved that rifle and sling.

Delton is like an MRE it gets the job done but it's for sure not Mom's home cooking. I bet a Jackson 10 Delton's will group tighter than 10 run of the mill AK's.

And I love AK's too.

We're probably about at the bottom of this cycle, at least for the name brand ARs.

Most distributors bet heavily on a Hillary win and filled up their warehouses. That kept the manufacturers working round the clock and a few big outfits like Dicks had an overweight inventory of ARs as well.

As soon as Trump won you could bet the manufacturers with any kind of common sense stopped building ARs. Next the big distributors started shoving them out of the warehouse at just enough to break even. Lastly, the retail FFLs have been dumping them at a loss, most likely so they can get some cash flow going.

You can be pretty sure that any real blow-out deals you see by now will be a smaller FFL crying 'uncle' and liquidating them just to get some of their operating capital back.

I'll bet dollars to donuts you won't see Rugers or Smiths at blow-out prices after Thanksgiving. One trick ponies like DelTon will probably be stuck in discount mode for a lot longer, but DelTon has been there for years and knows how to pump out ARs on the cheap. Companies like PSA have spread into other areas, like retail, AKs, ammo and such, and will be able to ride this out as well.

I'm thinking about picking up a few bargains on Black Friday this year, since I'm pretty sure that will be the end of deep discount ARs. It never hurts to have a few spares around and while it won't be an 'investment' any time soon (hope to God) it's never a bad thing to have a good quality, name brand AR that you got at a bargain hanging around in the attic.

I once carried an M-16 A1 that was made by an automatic transmission factory. It had a green M-14 adjustable sling.

I loved that rifle and sling.

Delton is like an MRE it gets the job done but it's for sure not Mom's home cooking. I bet a Jackson 10 Delton's will group tighter than 10 run of the mill AK's.

And I love AK's too.

"I bet a Jackson 10 Delton's an AK will" drop a deer or a person faster than that lil .22.

Back
Top Bottom