• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap Brake Job

I don't mind paying for a new pad and rotor but the repair shop insists on doing both sides.
They sure do...cause they are liable when your cheap behind slams into someone for not wanting to do the job correctly or safely. My shop wouldnt touch your request with a 10 foot pole. If you want to bare minimum it, do it yourself

Front and rear rotors/pads for $125 after shipping...
42D2E43B-4F66-4F95-918D-2A24971DA943.png

yea I would just do it yourself. What is the actually problem? If the pad is just worn out and your doing it yourself you can get break pads for 20 dollars.

P&J Tire, Cartersville. Edit: They’re old school, and good Folks. We’ve used them for years now. I’m carrying my oldest girls car to Reese Tire, Summerville for new tires and brakes soon (I ordered all the brakes/rotors), they are a great bunch too imho, but a longer haul.

Do not cheap out on the brakes . If you want to trade, have it towed to a dealership.

I can tell you how to rig it so it appears to work for a couple bucks, but not gonna do it , dangerous and unethical to do.
This. Just tell the dealer you want to trade and tell them the issue. Take a lot of pics and description and then tell them it needs new front brakes and get their tentative offer (until they inspect it obviously). They are HURTING for used cars. They can do it right, and cheaper than you can and I doubt seriously you'd be any worse off money wise than trying to do a cheap fix.

Back
Top Bottom