• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheap new grip for my CCW....

Tikker

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
If anyone has held a PX4 before they'll know how slick the polymer can be. Was about to lay down $20 on Talon Grip tape or cut up a bicycle tire to wrap the handle.

Grip Tape.jpg

Easy fix & practically free since I already had it laying around & it offers just enough grip that it won't catch on any clothing. Doesn't look custom but I could care less, it still goes bang, only now I have a solid hold on it.

I'll get around to taking a pic if anyone is interested at seeing my custom grip job.

I did the same thing on my carry gun last year. I also liked it... at first. The problem is that it started coming loose after a couple of weeks. To be fair though, I didn't use 3M brand tape. I hope your results are better.

I did the same thing on my carry gun last year. I also liked it... at first. The problem is that it started coming loose after a couple of weeks. To be fair though, I didn't use 3M brand tape. I hope your results are better.

Judging how the tape is laid out I can see how areas might have issues over time. One thing I forgot to do was wipe the surface down with alcohol. I had the large grip on the gun when I put it on, but I think I may like the medium better now. I'll give it a few weeks and see what happens before I take it apart.

Back
Top Bottom