• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

cheapest place for Ford parts?

Scorpius

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
Looking for parts for my sons 1993 Ford explorer. Seems $100 is about as cheap as the rear window regulators go for. Anyone know anyplace cheaper?
Tried pulling just the motor, but it appears it may be bolted to something in there, after removing the 3 screws no luck getting it out. So i'll work on drilling rivets tomorrow and hopefully its just the gears in the motor i'll need.

Looking for parts for my sons 1993 Ford explorer. Seems $100 is about as cheap as the rear window regulators go for. Anyone know anyplace cheaper?
Tried pulling just the motor, but it appears it may be bolted to something in there, after removing the 3 screws no luck getting it out. So i'll work on drilling rivets tomorrow and hopefully its just the gears in the motor i'll need.
Try a pickapart or junk yard type place. Always works for me

I use Rock Auto for many of my OEM parts, but sometimes they only carry 3rd party parts. Tasca is another good source, but I sometimes have to call for the best shipping costs.

https://www.tascaparts.com/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

A lot of OEM parts on ebay these days. Shipping from the big sellers is super fast, faster than your local dealer can get them.

You can search by the Ford part number in most cases.

Always change motor and reg, since your there. But you may need just the motor

Always change motor and reg, since your there. But you may need just the motor

So worked a ton on it today. Front drivers motor gears were shot, unfortunately gear kit I couldn’t find in stock and so replaced for $46.00.
Front passenger - just needed lube on the scissors and rails. I pulled the gears replaced the three round plastic pieces and back in business. $8.00
Two rear windows had both eaten the three round pieces. $8.00 x 2. Rebuilt and lubed it all.
Perfection all windows now working for $62.00.
Time spent teaching my son how to pull panels and do the job right including creating and replacing vapor barriers. Priceless.

Pulled rear wiper. Motor gears completely shot. New motor inbound for $90

Lesson for my son......do it yourself and you not only make sure it’s done meticulously but imagine how much a shop would have charged!

So worked a ton on it today. Front drivers motor gears were shot, unfortunately gear kit I couldn’t find in stock and so replaced for $46.00.
Front passenger - just needed lube on the scissors and rails. I pulled the gears replaced the three round plastic pieces and back in business. $8.00
Two rear windows had both eaten the three round pieces. $8.00 x 2. Rebuilt and lubed it all.
Perfection all windows now working for $62.00.
Time spent teaching my son how to pull panels and do the job right including creating and replacing vapor barriers. Priceless.

Pulled rear wiper. Motor gears completely shot. New motor inbound for $90

Lesson for my son......do it yourself and you not only make sure it’s done meticulously but imagine how much a shop would have charged!

i just pull the vapor barrier off slow and it sticks back (good enough) when im done lol. ive bought my regulators from rockauto in the past and they have worked flawlessly so far (knock on wood lol). rockauto is my goto for most all my replacement parts. beat most prices easy, plus i get a fridge magnet with every order! lol.

but now im thinking of taking my panels back off and resealing them lol. i need to do it anyway to pull my aftermarket tow mirrors off and switch a wire around that causes my defrost light to blink with my turn signal lol. damn chinese knockoff tow mirrors for my 05 f150 lol. common problem though. not a big issue for me, but i may sell it so one of the things on my todo list.

Back
Top Bottom