• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check out this 9mm Conversion for a Standard AR15

will4me

Wolf Icon Lifetime Supporter
Staff member
351   0
Reaction score
That really is a nice looking product.
I also noticed that they are located in Woodstock, Georgia. That should mean that if there were ever any issues or problems, a person should be able to run over and get a quick answer.

I also wonder about the bolt/buffer/etc. Should it be changed out, or have they done enough research to know everything is going to work perfect.

They say late summer shipping. I wonder how much longer before "late summer"?

Who has a simple, basic 9mm upper for sale right now? I might just give it a try!!

Jerry

Definitely would throw a heavier 9mm buffer in there, however even if you snap off a bolt catch at least it’s a standard AR-15 bolt catch and cheap as dirt to replace.

Dedicated AR-9 bolt catches for some lowers can be harder to replace or secure

That looks intriguing...

I wonder about the buffer assembly? They didn't say anything about changing it but I think you should?

It might run OK, but you you'll beat your lower to death; especially the mag catch. I'd go for at least a heavier buffer and maybe a 308 spring depending on how it runs.

It might run OK, but you you'll beat your lower to death; especially the mag catch. I'd go for at least a heavier buffer and maybe a 308 spring depending on how it runs.
Mag catch will be fine but bolt catch is another story. It will beat your lower up unless you install a nice buffer system. Springs and hydraulic-buffer, but all AR platforms chambered in 9mm need their systems to be tweaked. Bolt catches are pretty cheap for AR-15. Colt fed dedicated lowers use one a bit more expensive.

Mag catch will be fine but bolt catch is another story. It will beat your lower up unless you install a nice buffer system. Springs and hydraulic-buffer, but all AR platforms chambered in 9mm need their systems to be tweaked. Bolt catches are pretty cheap for AR-15. Colt fed dedicated lowers use one a bit more expensive.

Just noticed they said they used a 9mm Colt in their demo

I run a PSA upper and a PSA Colt-fed lower on my registered SBR. I’ve got a spare bolt for it because small parts are hard to get out of PSAs clutches. That being said, they occasionally have 9mm uppers on sale like all their other stuff and mine has been just fine. It’s got a lot of rounds down Range mostly suppressed.

I would be scooping up a PSA with a hybrid bolt on the cheap and using it for this set up as well probably.

5DF35A62-CBC2-467B-AC9D-394ED9BB4C2B.jpeg
EDE216D8-1C99-45D0-A0B7-639B3C28BF18.jpeg

Look familiar will4me will4me ?? OP actually helped me acquire this as a pistol for me to SBR. Still running great!

Back
Top Bottom