• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check out this 9mm Conversion for a Standard AR15

Mag catch will be fine but bolt catch is another story. It will beat your lower up unless you install a nice buffer system. Springs and hydraulic-buffer, but all AR platforms chambered in 9mm need their systems to be tweaked. Bolt catches are pretty cheap for AR-15. Colt fed dedicated lowers use one a bit more expensive.
Not sure why I typed mag catch when I was thinking bolt catch for LRBHO.

That really is a nice looking product.
I also noticed that they are located in Woodstock, Georgia. That should mean that if there were ever any issues or problems, a person should be able to run over and get a quick answer.

I also wonder about the bolt/buffer/etc. Should it be changed out, or have they done enough research to know everything is going to work perfect.

They say late summer shipping. I wonder how much longer before "late summer"?

Who has a simple, basic 9mm upper for sale right now? I might just give it a try!!

Jerry

Pistol kit for $250. BYOLower.

https://22mods4all.com/collections/...bly-glock-colt-compatible?rfsn=1529407.0587a9

ETA - Actually looks like it may not include bolt either. So more like $350 I guess?

I don't see the attraction to the 9mm chop job anyway. I don't question others doing it but I can't see the reason so take a perfectly good 5.56 and go to lower power round. I just don't get it.

I don't see the attraction to the 9mm chop job anyway. I don't question others doing it but I can't see the reason so take a perfectly good 5.56 and go to lower power round. I just don't get it.
Many reasons why of having a pistol cal AR: 1) cheaper to shoot .23 - .28 (223/5.56) vs .14 - .18 per round (9mm). 2) Able to shoot at indoor ranges that only allow pistol calibers. 3) easier on felt recoil (if tuned properly) and muzzle blast for new shooters to start out on. 4) it's just fun to shoot.

All this talk about buffers and broken bolt catches. This can be avoided by running the correct guts. JP Bolt and SCS is all you need to make a 9mm AR function properly without having to worry about broken parts and performance. JP has had it figured out for years and yet you still see people scratching their head about what will work and what don't in the 9mm AR

Speaking from experience.

SAM_0647.JPG

That seems like a solution to a question that was already asked and answered .
Why not just use glock mags ? (Legit question)

The lowers are less than $200. We all know those work. I don’t even like glocks and I’d still pick their mags .
Some people have SBR lowers and this is a less expensive option to switch to a 9mm upper and still have a SBR in that caliber without having to get another lower registered for $200 & wait 6 to 9 months for approval.

Some people have SBR lowers and this is a less expensive option to switch to a 9mm upper and still have a SBR in that caliber without having to get another lower registered for $200 & wait 6 to 9 months for approval.
Fair enough. I could see the usefulness there .

Many reasons why of having a pistol cal AR: 1) cheaper to shoot .23 - .28 (223/5.56) vs .14 - .18 per round (9mm). 2) Able to shoot at indoor ranges that only allow pistol calibers. 3) easier on felt recoil (if tuned properly) and muzzle blast for new shooters to start out on. 4) it's just fun to shoot.

also 9mm suppresses a lot better than 223/556

also can shoot steel targets at closer distances

also 9mm performs well in barrels less than 7.5” - 556 not so well.

Back
Top Bottom