• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Check out what fell into my hands

Hell yeah thanks everyone! Everytime something pulls me back into the .380 game.
There's quite a few models I like in 380. Yours looks a lot like one I had very briefly in 90/91. It was from a company called FI. No not FIE just FI. I think they had tried to provide pocket size 1911ish pistols for Colt too.

There's quite a few models I like in 380. Yours looks a lot like one I had very briefly in 90/91. It was from a company called FI. No not FIE just FI. I think they had tried to provide pocket size 1911ish pistols for Colt too.
Yeah FI was firearms international I believe and were definitely a part of the importation of STAR pistols at some point. I believe it was Starfire, FI, and interams up until Colt bought the design and started making Ponys with it. All were pretty much imported and then assembled, but the FI and Interarms models started using more and more American made parts where as the old stars were all Spainish parts? This is kinda what I've been told about them and gathered. I have never owned one until yesterday but had definitely seen them cross my path here or there, but mostly the full size like other poster owns. I'm gonna use the s*** outta this thing! Think I may have found a source for a few firing pins, recoil springs, etc!

Yeah FI was firearms international I believe and were definitely a part of the importation of STAR pistols at some point. I believe it was Starfire, FI, and interams up until Colt bought the design and started making Ponys with it. All were pretty much imported and then assembled, but the FI and Interarms models started using more and more American made parts where as the old stars were all Spainish parts? This is kinda what I've been told about them and gathered. I have never owned one until yesterday but had definitely seen them cross my path here or there, but mostly the full size like other poster owns. I'm gonna use the s*** outta this thing! Think I may have found a source for a few firing pins, recoil springs, etc!
Gunboards.com has a Spanish pistol forum where they discuss Star and other makers. I've been able to find parts and magazines from other members.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Back
Top Bottom