• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cheeken an dumplens

I have my reservations but my great respect for you leads me to consider this.
Trust me. My Grandmother died in 1996. No more good cooking. Or so we thought. Her daughters (my Aunts) surprised us with what they had learned from her (sugar in the turnips, fatback grease for lacy cornbread, etc) and when my Aunt Debbie revealed that she'd substituted corn flour tortillas for rolled dough dumplings I was SHOCKED! At least until I tried it myself. Save yourself the trouble. Go TORTILLAS!

Second on the frozen ones. They're a little thinner than l like but they taste great. My mom quit making them from scratch and started buying those because they're so close to home made.

Trust me. My Grandmother died in 1996. No more good cooking. Or so we thought. Her daughters (my Aunts) surprised us with what they had learned from her (sugar in the turnips, fatback grease for lacy cornbread, etc) and when my Aunt Debbie revealed that she'd substituted corn flour tortillas for rolled dough dumplings I was SHOCKED! At least until I tried it myself. Save yourself the trouble. Go TORTILLAS!

It works, sort of. makes a good soup too.

But it just ain't the same as rolled and cut dumplings.

Back
Top Bottom