• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chestnut Mountain Range

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts
Veritas Aequitas
187   0
Reaction score
I went yesterday and didn’t realize the hours changed. Here’s an FYI

No neckbeards were present yesterday. Only a few good guys sighting in some hunting rifles.

02ACA258-AFCB-40BF-A666-D46E842BAC96.jpeg
BD436EB6-17DF-4CAF-B9E3-E4B531E7B29E.jpeg
C2B8A205-DDD3-425A-A685-D29455C2D1BA.jpeg

Nice so they are immediately notified of your presence on the range. Check you against their list and send out someone to check on you if necessary.

Nice so they are immediately notified of your presence on the range. Check you against their list and send out someone to check on you if necessary.

I tried to shoot there on Saturday. I got there at 5:15p and there was a hunter ready to run his dogs. He said: “They close at 5 and these guys didn’t read the sign”

Some guys were still shooting and the authorities were called in. I left of course.

LOL... IDK about you, but no one I know has a phone or internet connection there. The connection goes bad a couple of miles away. So, plan accordingly because you can't just arrive, download the app, and pay.

Of course, there is an annual pass for $25, and you don't have to check in each time if you have that.

I hope that Sumac re-opens.

Turns out this is the easiest 100 yard range I can get to. It's not bad. Typical unsupervised WMA range. They have netting strung up to hang your targets on at 25, 50 and 100 yards. No rate of fire restrictions, so you occasionally run into folks doing mag dumps. But hey, that's part of the fun. Only been up there a couple of times, but everyone seemed okay and safe.

I was able to get enough of a signal to download the app about halfway out on the dirt road. Then you do everything you should at the range and the payment goes through as you are leaving.

Back
Top Bottom