• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chicken bog. Anyone cook this?

I make my version of this. I take leftover chicken and use hot smoked sausage. I used to use Hillshire Farm Hot Links sausage. I now use Sunset Farms hot smoked sausage. It's made down in Valdosta and is excellent sausage. I am still using a rice cooker I bought at the Navy Exchange at NAS Barbers Point Hawaii. I bought it in 1987 and it's still working like a champ. I put the rice, chicken stock, diced or sliced sausage, and shredded chicken together with some fresh or dehydrated onion. That stuff is excellent. I usually drizzle a little soy sauce on mine. I have done this with cooked chicken gizzards too. I had this for lunch yesterday without the chicken. I love the way the fat from the sausage renders and flavors the rice.

Made some tonight, was gonna ask you if you've heard of it and then I find you actually started a thread lol

Took me 4 hours start to finish, but I was cooking down a frozen chicken. Not a fan of the brand of sausage I used but the flavor is great. Carolina something. Looks like GA Boy but it ain't GA Boy, dangit.

I've got about 2 gallons of this stuff. I'm gonna try the hot sauce suggestion but I usually just hit it with a lot of fresh cracked black pepper

20220102_153319.jpg
20220102_153433.jpg

Back
Top Bottom