• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Choices choices choices. Help me

I wouldn't trust that PW Arms. Nope, never fired it, but if I do I'll make sure to write a thread on my impressions. A $370 semi-auto ain't something I would trust. I'd rather go buy a beater Rem1100, cut the barrel down, and add a mag tube. You can do that for around $300-$350 and you'd have a known quality, proven performer.

The newer generation KSG seems to run well. I have a few show up now and then in my Shotgun classes. I'm not a personal fan (too many doodads and I don't like the ergonomics) but I don't see issues out of them.

I wouldn't trust that PW Arms. Nope, never fired it, but if I do I'll make sure to write a thread on my impressions. A $370 semi-auto ain't something I would trust. I'd rather go buy a beater Rem1100, cut the barrel down, and add a mag tube. You can do that for around $300-$350 and you'd have a known quality, proven performer.

The newer generation KSG seems to run well. I have a few show up now and then in my Shotgun classes. I'm not a personal fan (too many doodads and I don't like the ergonomics) but I don't see issues out of them.

Shot some clays today at about 30 yards avg. with a buddies Remington 1100. I was VERY impressed with it! Great shooting gun!

Shot some clays today at about 30 yards avg. with a buddies Remington 1100. I was VERY impressed with it! Great shooting gun!

I built a really nice self-defense shotgun out of a used hunting Rem1100 years ago.

Cut the barrel to 19". It was a vent rib and this was the length that worked.

Open up the 2 gas ports. Easy-peasy. Did it with a hand drill and trial-and-error. Opened them a little, then test fire, then repeat. Did this until it cycled an entire box of shells with no issues, then opened it one bit size more.

Tritium bead. If I had kept it I would have installed ghost rings.

Speedfeed stock and forend

It's a 12ga and nothing special about that ammo I am aware of. Might be like other manufacturer auto shotguns and you need to break it in. Lots of positive reviews here https://www.classicfirearms.com/ar12-semi-auto-ar-15-platform-12ga-shotgun . For less than $400 you get the gun and 2 mags. Hard to beat it.
Look at the dealers website comments.
"
Important Please Read - It has been our experience that these shotguns may be finicky, particularly when new, as to what loads they may function best with or be able to cycle consistently. They almost certainly will require a break in period and tend to only like high brass, heavy load shells right out of the box. In fact, in our limited test firing we were only able to achieve consistent cycling while using high brass 3" heavy loads. Please see video.

While the owners manual says that these may require a break in period in order to cycle all shells properly, we are uncomfortable with the vagueness of those instructions and frankly were on the verge of not carrying the product at all. Ultimately we would like for any firearm we carry to cycle perfectly with all ammo chambered for that firearm right out of the box and we certainly do not have any indication based on our own testing that these will do so. On the other hand, others are carrying this item and we have had many request from our customers asking when we will offer it as well.
Also, there seems to be a basic understanding in the firearms community that these types of firearms requires a certain amount of break in or are selective in their load preference.

As such, we did decide to carry the firearm, but to offer it at a great price, and to sell them As - Is, with A No Returns Accepted Policy.

Bottom line - If you are uncomfortable in taking a chance on this firearm working properly, with the shells that you may want to use, then do not buy it.

So is there any warranty - Well that is a good question. The manual included with the AR-12 states that this firearm has a Limited Warranty for a period of one year through the manufacturer. It reads " The manufacturer to the original retail purchaser a Limited Warranty for a period of one year from the date of purchase against defects in material or workmanship It will be discretion of the manufacturer / importer as to wheather the parts/labor or replacement will result in a charge to the consumer. The importer/manufacturer has a right to research, inspect, and test the weapon to assess any claim made under the warranty. "

In other words, if you buy it, and there are issues, we will not take it back or offer refunds and frankly I wouldn't expect much help from the manufacturer..... They are in Turkey for heavens sake so how is that suppose to work....

Still, I had a great time shooting this firearm once I found the shells that it liked, and I am very confident that it would have broken in and gotten less finicky over time had I continued to shoot it... Personally, having handled the shotgun extensively now, I would be very comfortable in taking a chance on it... however, I am not saying that you should.... the choice is yours. "

Look at the dealers website comments.
"
Important Please Read - It has been our experience that these shotguns may be finicky, particularly when new, as to what loads they may function best with or be able to cycle consistently. They almost certainly will require a break in period and tend to only like high brass, heavy load shells right out of the box. In fact, in our limited test firing we were only able to achieve consistent cycling while using high brass 3" heavy loads. Please see video.

While the owners manual says that these may require a break in period in order to cycle all shells properly, we are uncomfortable with the vagueness of those instructions and frankly were on the verge of not carrying the product at all. Ultimately we would like for any firearm we carry to cycle perfectly with all ammo chambered for that firearm right out of the box and we certainly do not have any indication based on our own testing that these will do so. On the other hand, others are carrying this item and we have had many request from our customers asking when we will offer it as well.
Also, there seems to be a basic understanding in the firearms community that these types of firearms requires a certain amount of break in or are selective in their load preference.

As such, we did decide to carry the firearm, but to offer it at a great price, and to sell them As - Is, with A No Returns Accepted Policy.

Bottom line - If you are uncomfortable in taking a chance on this firearm working properly, with the shells that you may want to use, then do not buy it.

So is there any warranty - Well that is a good question. The manual included with the AR-12 states that this firearm has a Limited Warranty for a period of one year through the manufacturer. It reads " The manufacturer to the original retail purchaser a Limited Warranty for a period of one year from the date of purchase against defects in material or workmanship It will be discretion of the manufacturer / importer as to wheather the parts/labor or replacement will result in a charge to the consumer. The importer/manufacturer has a right to research, inspect, and test the weapon to assess any claim made under the warranty. "

In other words, if you buy it, and there are issues, we will not take it back or offer refunds and frankly I wouldn't expect much help from the manufacturer..... They are in Turkey for heavens sake so how is that suppose to work....

Still, I had a great time shooting this firearm once I found the shells that it liked, and I am very confident that it would have broken in and gotten less finicky over time had I continued to shoot it... Personally, having handled the shotgun extensively now, I would be very comfortable in taking a chance on it... however, I am not saying that you should.... the choice is yours. "

Dealer is flaky on his review. The whole article is nothing but contradiction. Bottom line they sell it, shot it and think you should take a chance on it. There are several manufacturers of auto load shotguns that require a break in using up to 4 boxes of heavy loads. Beretta recommends the same thing. If after the break in and it still won't cycle reliably then there's a problem.

Back
Top Bottom