• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chopped Up Mosins

You do know that there is no such thing as an SKS paratrooper, don't you? No such thing as an M1 Garland tanker on the market, folks just cut down the barrel and WOW!!!! a tanker!!!
Oh yeah. The importers just needed a way to market the same old rifle for more money back in the 80s. But I still love this rifle. So much handier than the original 20" barrel rifle.
In fact I traded a very nice numbers matching Norinco full size SKS to another member for this one last year. All I can assume is he must have had at least one more paratrooper to be willing to make that trade. Only things I would possibly trade this one for would be another AK with fixed wood stock ( and aint nobody gonna do that) or a shooter grade M1 Carbine, another one of my favorite surplus rifles that are now priced WAY out of my range.

The Finns.....great shooters. I enjoy shooting my Nagants, fireballs on display. Ammo is everywhere....unless one has 5k rounds bought 10 years ago...lol. To each their own but mine are great hunters.

What about the SKS paratrooper or tanker that never existed?? Or the garage tanker, or the rifle with the black thingy on top that' makes it a sniper rifle?? Folks modify a barrel and it automatically becomes a tanker model. Oh, I forgot that the shortened version of the SKS was also called the "cowboy companion".
"A paratrooper is a BITCHED up gun the importers asked the Chinese to make for resale."
Howard Bearse. SKS God of Gunboards.

He's right........
Picture

One thing is true about all paratroopers they were never used by the Chinese military. They are all commercial imports. Every one of these rifles were cut to 16.5 inches and shipped to the USA from China. Keep one thing in mind. This conversion is not rocket science and is pretty easy to do. It is just not cost effective. For an importer or an individual to make a prototype or one for himself.....yes it happened a lot. Homemade versions are out there and you cannot tell the difference. Always sight down the barrel and look for a canted FSB. The point I am trying to make is the importers didn't convert these rifles by the hundreds. Think about it. It was just not cost effective to do the conversion here. Most of these rifles were imported in this configuration.
Picture

Back
Top Bottom