• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chris Kyle "The Legend"

his book wasn't selling til he added ventura to the mix.

His book was doing quite well. I bought it early on because I was interested in the story of his career. I'd heard the stories about JV before, but forgot about it until I read the Scruffy face anecdote. Just because the media latched on to that minor part of the story and ignored the rest of the book, doesn't mean that's why people bought the book.

His book was doing quite well. I bought it early on because I was interested in the story of his career. I'd heard the stories about JV before, but forgot about it until I read the Scruffy face anecdote. Just because the media latched on to that minor part of the story and ignored the rest of the book, doesn't mean that's why people bought the book.

I bought it and read it before anything came out about JV. And never gave it a second thought after hearing about it. To me, it didn't change my thoughts on Chris Kyle or JV.

Hey bearpugh, then don't buy the tshirt. Simple as that. This thread is about buying a tshirt to support a fallen hero, not beating the dead horse that was discussed at ad nauseum in other threads.

fellow seal member

Jesse is not even really a SEAL. He was UDT and was stationed in the Philippines during Vietnam. But he played it off like he was a "Man with a Green Face" running operations on the Mekong Delta. He got called out on it.

Now before you start telling me about the UDT I understand that they give birth to The Teams but the mission of the UDT and The Teams split when Kennedy created the SEALs in 1962. The UDT continued with the combat
swimmer role that they had developed during WWII and I think we all know what The Teams did. The UDT guys are welcome in the SEAL fraternity because of the shared history. But Jessica Ventura is no SEAL.

Jesse is not even really a SEAL. He was UDT and was stationed in the Philippines during Vietnam. But he played it off like he was a "Man with a Green Face" running operations on the Mekong Delta. He got called out on it.

Now before you start telling me about the UDT I understand that they give birth to The Teams but the mission of the UDT and The Teams split when Kennedy created the SEALs in 1962. The UDT continued with the combat
swimmer role that they had developed during WWII and I think we all know what The Teams did. The UDT guys are welcome in the SEAL fraternity because of the shared history. But Jessica Ventura is no SEAL.
Correct you are sir...I find it even more interesting that he's been called out for lying about being a Seal which shows he's got a history of lying, yet everybody bashing CK seems to think that JV is all the sudden telling the truth.

Last edited:

Not to mention the additional 26 weeks of training that SEALs do beyond UDT. 26 weeks of training that POS Ventura never did.

proven in court. sorry. his book wasn't selling til he added ventura to the mix. and supposedly the procedes were supposed to go to a veteran charity. well of the 30 MILLION his book made, 2% actually did. the publishers ins. covered court costs. so i'm sure his widow is just fine. absolutely the man was a hero. but wrong is wrong. and it sux even more that it even involved a clown like verntura, but it did. sad

Exactly.
People up in here don't know wtf they are talkin bout.

Correct you are sir...I find it even more interesting that he's been called out for lying about being a Seal which shows he's got a history of lying, yet everybody bashing CK seems to think that JV is all the sudden telling the truth.

Here is a little reading for those interested in Mr. Jim Janos aka Jessie Ventura.
http://cursor.org/stories/seal_or_udt.htm

So as you can see Ventura's trigger time in the jungle was the same as it was in the movie "Predator"........a work of fiction.

Last edited:

Matt, Jesse (Michael Janus) is considered a SEAL by his peers. That's all that matters. It was during a time that UDT and SEALs were being segregated. He completed BUD/S and when on to serve in a UDT unit as well as a reserve SEAL team. None of that is up for dispute no matter how much of an asshole he made of himself.

Back
Top Bottom