• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Christensen Arms Mesa - experiences, comments & reviews

First off I did not buy the Mesa I purchased the Ridgeline in 26 Nosler. Researched the history of the accuracy with a mixed bag of reviews, some said supremely accurate others said it was POS with little help from Customer Service. So liking the way the rifle felt, I rolled the dice and came up snake bit. Gun shoots anywhere from 2 to 3 inch groups off the bench at 100yds. Have had some medical issues so haven't had time to take it up with CA yet but will keep everyone informed.

Thanks for your input. Your pre purchase assessment of mixed bag of reviews agreeably is general what I am seeing too from various web searches. The puzzling aspect of this is the many first hand experiences of great sub MOA. Hacknslash, I hope you are getting better and putting the health issue behind you. Been there & done that myself.

I just bought a CA Ridgeline in a 22-250 and it is shooting less than 1" groups at 100 yards. I followed the CA break in to the letter and I am thus far very happy with the way my rifle feels and shoots. I also read all the reviews and rolled the dice, and feel like I came out good.

OK, so I find a Mesa to go look at. Have to see it first hand to be able to think on it some more. Y’all know, it’s a paralysis of analysis kind of thing before committing. Anyway, I’ve already saturated my mind with Mesa specs including CA’s unequivocal statement on their website that the Mesa’s “seamless” muzzle brake is removable. Yep, looking at it today first hand confirms that there is NO SEAM between the brake & barrel. Remember, both are Cerakoted. Almost started questioning myself if I need new reading glasses! So how in the world do you remove it? Puzzling! Crazy! So now back at home I start googling the muzzle brake removal, and discover that for the Mesa you actually have to score or break the Cerakote. Reports indicate that you take a risk on not having a clean separation, and thus a messed up Cerakote joint/seam. There is a seam, but barrel & brake are contiguously Cerakoted together. To me this isn’t an attractive feature. Glad I realize this now because it will influence a decision to purchase a Mesa.

Also, big gun store won’t let you hold their guns because of Covid. Kind of ridiculous but that’s what they’re doing & it’s their store so I respect their policy. No problem because I wasn’t planning on buying today anyway.

Get a bergara....

Nah, I want a made in the USA rifle, but I don’t doubt they’re good rifles. I would buy a Kimber Montana but they’re impossible to find. Their plant in N.Y. that makes many parts for their AL plant shut down in March do to a stated mandate for non-essential business to close due to COVID.

Nah, I want a made in the USA rifle, but I don’t doubt they’re good rifles. I would buy a Kimber Montana but they’re impossible to find. Their plant in N.Y. that makes many parts for their AL plant shut down in March do to a stated mandate for non-essential business to close due to COVID.
There premier rifles are built in Lawrenceville I believe

With Christiansen you have a 20% chance of getting a great shooter, 40% chance of getting an average shooter, and a 40% chance of getting an absolute turd. Roll the dice at your peril.

With Christiansen you have a 20% chance of getting a great shooter, 40% chance of getting an average shooter, and a 40% chance of getting an absolute turd. Roll the dice at your peril.

Well, that’s possibly a fair, loosely objective assessment. Like lots of folks I have read many reviews, and yes they’re mixed. However, i think it is 100% certain that a 40% can be turned into a 95% or better cost pass through! :usa:

Mr. Bandwidth, do you or did you personally own 40%?

Back
Top Bottom