• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Christmas Dinner - What Are Y'all Having

Man that roast looks good! What temp did you pull it? I pulled mine at 130° with a 20 minute tent and rest...was too well done but still good. Thinking I should have pulled at 120°...

That is one of the few things we don't cook to temp. Preheat oven to 500*F. Cook roast at 500* for 5 minutes per pound. Turn oven completely OFF and leave roast in for 2 hrs. Don't open oven door at anytime during this period. Remove roast and slice immediately no tenting or rest required. Don't invite anyone that likes their meat well done.

That is one of the few things we don't cook to temp. Preheat oven to 500*F. Cook roast at 500* for 5 minutes per pound. Turn oven completely OFF and leave roast in for 2 hrs. Don't open oven door at anytime during this period. Remove roast and slice immediately no tenting or rest required. Don't invite anyone that likes their meat well done.

That sounds too easy. I spent 3.5 hours babysitting the smoker lol...

That sounds too easy. I spent 3.5 hours babysitting the smoker lol...

That's what we usually do for other meals; but we decided that there are too many other things going on at Christmas to be tied to the smoker. These is the fifth year we have done one this way and they have all turned out the same. No bragging rights for the chef; but good eating.

Back
Top Bottom