• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Chronograph

jeep78

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
I have been reloading since the early 80s, and have wanted to get a chrono for some time. Got one a few weeks ago.

Why did I wait so long?

It is 2nd in importance only to a press for a reloader, IMHO.

I got one of the ProChrono units from Amazon on a scratch and dent deal. 85 bucks delivered. This thing far exceeds my expectations. Easy to use, and works fine even without the sky screens.

I found most of my loads did what the manuals said they would, but one needs to be toned down a bit. For loading bullets with no exact match in the load tables, the chrono is invaluable.

Plus, I have data I can count on for my ballistics tables for my scope and various bullets.

I bought an Oehler yrs ago- definitely an important piece of equip for me. Now all of your buddies will want to borrow it.

I learned from reading, the number one failure mode for these things is a low shot through the front. Mine sits behind several bricks when in use.

My buddy from NC put a .270 round right thru the center of his. There was about 7 or 8 of us shooting that day. We all laughed & laughed...except my buddy from NC.

I set mine up too close on day & fired my 300 RUM thru it- blew the wings up in the air but didn't hurt the unit. Really scared me.

In short, be careful like you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom